Monday, January 3, 2011

Hey Everyone!
This is Rida. So I am going to start off my writing the list of questions that we had discussed during our meeting.
1) can support group affect compliance --> pt quality of life @ UHN

2) How would e-support (e.g. transplant support on fb) compare to face to face?
3) How do you (pt) view your tx pre/post support group?

So re: this research topic, I have discussed my concerns with quite a few of you. Or maybe a couple. Who knows. Anyway, I was caught in a catch-22. I know that you have to play it politically correct in order to get a research study started, but at the same time I don't want to conform to that just so I can win the prize; I actually want to help these pt's out and I actually really, really like the idea of support groups. BUT as you guys have heard (or perhaps revisited that research site again on your own time) some of the winners' topics were very different...specific...at an angle. You know? like the one of the first prize winners' topics were "the meaning of fear for individuals with autmatic internal cardioverter-defibrillators who have received shock(s): A qualititative descriptive study". Now THAT is something at an angle, something specific and to a point. Something "out there". Now GIVEN, they probably had lots of help in fine tuning the title to this after the workshops that helps you put together your research but still.
So that's my catch-22. I really really want support groups for the pt's because I know all of them would go since they have nothing to do at the hospital, but I it's something so mundane I don't know if it will catch the judges' attention. & yes as many of you have pointed out we can start with ONE tx group, but I don't know. Just doesn't cut it for me. I mean, I guess the closest that we can come to having an "angle" to our research was the second question we came up with posted above (re: the e-support). That's something specific; unique.
Anyway, I know each of us have to find an article re: this issue so maybe one of you can be further inspired with a specific idea and can post it here so we can further tweak this idea?


ORRRRRRRR

We should have a backup plan. & there was this one code blue idea that Terri wanted to do for years, so maybe we should have one another idea that could be as a backup right? So Terri did you want to explore it here/on the blog site. Also, Terri, you were talking about some...UHN..card thing that has statistics on it. Did you end up finding it?

Lastly, paulette did find an article, im not sure if she was inspired but something specific from it but paulette could you post your one research article's name/what it was about generally/what specific things you got inspired from it that could maybe help fine tune our idea? Also, so that nobody else would re-do that article.
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment